Worcestershire Local History Forum Outstanding Achievement Award 2019
As part of our aims to encourage promotion of Worcestershire History & Heritage, the Worcester Local History Forum runs an annual Awards programme. The award is given for promoting Worcestershire Local History. Submissions must be from members of the WLHF or members of member societies in the case of individual submissions. Submissions can be made for either a Group or an Individual award.
Group and Individual Entries
Group entries should be a specific project (e.g a publication, piece of research, a building or document conservation project, establishing a new museum or archive) that has been completed within the last three years.
Individual entries can be either a specific project or an on-going contribution, perhaps over many years, to promote Worcestershire local history.
What should be included:
Entries must be word processed and can include photographs, booklets, graphics and artwork and must include a synopsis describing the project, ideally 250-400 words.
Judging will be based upon the following criteria:
- A clear description of the aims, objectives and achievements of the project. – (Up to 15%)
- (Up to 25%)
- How the project has provided new and/or a different understanding of history in the county. – (Up to 25%)
- The ways in which the project has helped to preserve information about the county. – (Up to 15%)
- The ways in which the project has offered opportunities for further research and/or the degree to which the project involved members of the community. – (Up to 10%)
- Evidence of how the results of the project have been made accessible both locally and nationally. – (Up to 10%)
The competition will be judged by three individuals with no personal interest in any person or group that has made an entry: one judge will be a member of the WLHF committee and two will be non-
The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the results have been announced.
Please submit your entries as follows:
- Entries should be sent by post to Cora Weaver, 4 Hall Green, Malvern, Worcestershire WR14 3QX to arrive before 31 July 2019.
- Entries should not be sent by email.
- The winners will be announced at the Annual General Meeting to be held at The Hive in Worcester on 9th November 2017.
- One week after the submission has been sent, an email should be sent to Cora Weaver at email@example.com to check that it has been received.
- A ‘group’ entry should be from a named member organisation with an elected committee. The submission will be in the name of the group.
- An ‘individual’ entry should be the work of one named person