The Worcestershire Local History Forum was set up to help coordinate between interest groups and studies in Worcestershire from around the county.
We aim to:
- Promote and encourage educational interest in local history in Worcestershire,
- Inform individuals and organisations about local history events and activities in the county,
- Promote the deposit of the results of local history study in local libraries, and of documents in the Record office, thus making them available to a wider public,
- Provide a means for liaison between organisations interested in Worcestershire local history, and a forum for the exchange of ideas and information,
- Develop a framework for mutual support and advice on matters such as sources, techniques, publications, research, etc,
- Promote and encourage the recording of present-day history
- Organise occasional conferences and exhibitions.
- Implement these objectives by producing a regular newsletter and diary of events for the exchange of ideas and information
Please browse around and hopefully you will find it interesting and informative. If it is, tell your friends and colleagues. If it’s not please tell us and suggest what needs to be changed. If you or your group is not already a member, please join us and help promote Worcestershire’s History & heritage.
The heart of the site are the “posts” which bring you up-to-date news of what’s happening across the county, please visit the “New Posts” page.
Most importantly, please send us you news to publish.
To meet its aims, the Worcestershire Local History Forum publishes various documents relating to the history and heritage of the county.
What’s on in Worcestershire (WIOW) is a list of all events.
There is also a Speakers’ Directory.
You can also find us on facebook, click the logo below to visit our page..
Click the button to contact us by email.